The fennel seeds are known to have many positive antioxidant, digestive, carminative and anti-flatulent properties.
- Fennel seeds are powerful anti-oxidants, which remove harmful free radicals from the body, thus offering protection from cancer, infection, aging and degenerative neurological diseases.
- They are a rich source of dietary fiber, which helps increase the bulk of the food by absorbing water throughout the digestive system, and therefore eases any constipation problems.
- The seeds also lower serum LDL cholesterol levels. Together with flavonoid anti-oxidants, the fiber composition of the fennel helps protect the colon mucusa from cancers.
- They are a concentrated source of minerals like copper, iron, calcium, potassium, manganese, selenium, zinc and magnesium.
- Fennel seeds indeed are the storehouse for many vital vitamins such as vitamin A, E and C as well as many B-complex vitamins like thiamin, pyridoxine and riboflavin.