Urtica diocia, most commonly referred to as nettle, stinging nettle or nettle leaf treats:
- allergy symptoms and has shown promise in treating Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, asthma, bladder infections, bronchitis, bursitis, gingivitis, gout, hives, kidney stones, laryngitis, multiple sclerosis, PMS, prostate enlargement, sciatica;
- improves the appearance of the hair, and is said to be a remedy against oily hair and dandruff;
- anaemia, excessive menstruation, hemorrhoids, arthritis, rheumatism and skin complaints, especially eczema.
- relieves joint pain and muscle aches, lessens the swelling of hemorrhoids and stops the bleeding from minor skin injuries such as razor nicks;
- the leaf is used here as a diuretic, for arthritis, prostatitis, rheumatism, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure and allergic rhinitis;
- an infusion of the plant is very valuable in stemming internal bleeding.